3.1, 6.2, 12.4, 13.1, 26.2

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Greatest XM Channel Ever?

Run/Swim/Run again today. Swim felt the best it’s felt since I added it to my training routine a couple months ago. Usually my stroke feels good, but my breathing is rushed (get your minds out of the gutter). Today everything fell together and it turned out to be a solid swim. And I need a few more swims like this one because I signed up for the Hickory Grove Triathlon earlier this week. It’s at Hickory Grove Park (by Colo, Ia) on Aug 23rd. It’s a very spectator friendly tri, so I invite everyone to come out and enjoy the atmosphere. And don’t let the fact that I’ll be in a Speedo scare you off. Ok, enough about training…

So I got XM Radio for Blackout (what is what the boys named my Tahoe) and it didn’t take me long to find the Hip Hop channels. And sure enough, one of the first songs I heard on XL Backspin (the “throw back” hip hop and rap music channel) was ‘Posse on Broadway’ by Sir Mix-A-Lot. I hadn’t heard that song since 11th grade. Man, I was dope bumping that jam in my 1978 Honda Prelude. Booyah! Since then I’ve heard other great throw backs like; ‘Joy and Pain’ by Rob Base, ‘Ditty’ by Paperboy and even ‘3AM Eternal by KLF. I think this music channel could possibly be the best channel ever invented. Ever.
Quick show of hands, how many have not even heard of any of these songs? Almost everyone? Thought so!

1 comment: